Financing a Mortgage.
By getting pre-approved, you’re taking the necessary steps to ensure your home buying experience goes smoothly and successfully. Nothing is worse than falling in love with a home only to find that it’s out of your price range or you can’t qualify for a loan of that size. For this reason it’s critical to get pre-approval, so you can save yourself the time and the hassle of getting turned down by the bank.
Below, you’ll find a list of required financial documents you’ll most likely need to produce to get pre-approved for a mortgage. Bear in mind, this may vary from bank to bank, but if you’re in the market to buy, it’s a good starting point to prepare for financing.
- Two most recent pay stubs
- W-2 for the previous two years
- If self-employed, you’ll need tax returns for the last two years (all pages) and profit and loss statements for this year
- Last three months of bank statements for both checking and savings accounts (copy all pages)
- Most recent statements for your 401-K, 403B, IRA or other retirement plans
- Listing agent and selling agent contact info: telephone and fax
- Copy of lease agreement on rental properties (if applicable)
Connect with one of our seasoned agents, and we’ll help you clarify the complicated process of securing financing for real estate. We can help you determine your price range, anticipate other costs such as closing fees, and gain access to the most up-to-date lending rates.